The student visa requirements include:
- Passport valid at least 18 months
- Copy of the passport
- One passport size photo
- Residence permit for the UK /for non British citizens/
- Copy of the residence permit for the UK
- Police criminal Certificate ACRO, certified with apostille* and a photocopy (ACRO is considered valid for 6 months from the date of issue)
- Visa application form
- S1, EHIC or GHIC
- Bank statements for the last 3 months
- certificate from the Ministry of education in Bulgaria
- certificate from the the University in Bulgaria
- A declaration from your parent/sponsor that they will pay your tuition fees
- In case of private accommodation /outside the campus/- Proof of address in Bulgaria – could be a copy of notarial act of property or lease
- Notarial certified declaration by the owner of the leased property that they give consent for the applicant to register at their address in Bulgaria
- Travel insurance for repatriation only the first three months of stay
*Please note that the criminal record has to be Apostilled by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised and then translated into Bulgarian language.
Translation may be done by an accredited translator http://bulgarianembassy-london.org/consular-services/sworn-translators/ then the translation is certified by the Embassy.
Alternatively, the translation may be done in Bulgaria by a licensed translator.
The decision takes 45 days or around two months.
The cost is 100 euro – 89 pounds, cards accepted
NO APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED FOR STUDENT VISAS DUE TO THE LARGE NUMBER OF E-MAILS RECEIVED.
The reception time is Monday till Friday between 10.00am-12.30pm. Please note that the Embassy shall be closed on 31 March (Friday) and on 03 April (Monday) due to the upcoming parliamentary elections on 2nd of April 2023.
Applying is in person at the Embassy as well as the collection of the visa.
For students under 18-year old both parents should be present at the interview, copy of the birth certificate is required.
Decision takes minimum 45 business days. We do not keep the passports in the meantime.
Please bring the documents and their copies at the interview.
The long term visa is 6 month multiple entry visa.
Its purpose is to give enough time within these six months for the visa holder to register with the local Migration and get issued a residence permit.
To apply for a residence permit, one presents exactly the same set of documents they used for the visa application.
The residence permit should be renewed every time in Bulgaria before it expires.
Embassies do not issue or renew residence permits nor they can check or confirm the travelers` immigration status in Bulgaria.
Print the visa application form here.