Between 01 July 2020 until 15 July 2020 there is a temporary ban on entry in the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria for all persons, irrespective of their nationality, using any and all border crossing points and any and all means of transport (air, marine, railway or road transport).
The ban shall not apply to:
- BULGARIAN NATIONALS AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS AND LIFE PARTNERS;
- NATIONALS OF EU MEMBER STATES, SCHENGEN COUNTRIES, THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND, SAN MARINO, ANDORRA, MONACO AND THE VATICAN, THE REPUBLIC OF SERBIA, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA AND MONTENEGRO;
- HOLDERS OF PERMANENT, LONG-TERM OR EXTENDED RESIDENCE IN BULGARIA AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS;
- HOLDERS OF RESIDENCE PERMITS ISSUED IN EU MEMBER STATES, SCHENGEN COUNTRIES, THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND, SAN MARINO, ANDORRA, MONACO AND THE VATICAN AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS;
- Medical professionals, medical researchers and social workers, where the purpose of trip relates to their professional duties;
- Staff engaged in delivery of medicines, medical merchandise or equipment;
- Transport staff engaged in the haulage sector, aircraft and maritime crew, other transport staff;
- Foreign officials (heads of state, government ministers, etc.) and the members of their delegations, as well as diplomats, administrative staff of diplomatic and consular representations in Bulgaria, international organisation officials, military personnel, security and public order services staff and humanitarian workers, as well as their family members;
- Persons travelling on humanitarian grounds including when the humanitarian situation concerns their relatives;
- Representatives of business and investors, persons engaged in the construction, maintenance and use of the strategic and critical infrastructure in the Republic of Bulgaria; staff engaged in certified investment projects holding letters issued by the Minister of Economy or other government minister, staff engaged in ship building and repair including their family members;
- Seasonal workers employed in agriculture and tourism;
- Workers in border regions;
- Persons travelling for educational purposes in relation to the finishing of the academic 2019/2020 and the start of the academic 2020/2021
TRANSIT ACROSS THE TERRITORY OF THE REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA SHALL BE ALLOWED TO:
(a) Nationals of EU Member States, Schengen countries, the UK, San Marino, Andorra, Monaco, the Vatican and their family members on their return to the country of residence;
(b) Third country nationals holding a long-term residence permit issued in another EU Member State, Schengen country, the UK, San Marino, Andorra, Monaco, the Vatican and their family members on their return to the country of residence;
(c) Nationals of Serbia, the Republic of North Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Turkey, Albania and Kosovo on returning to the country of their citizenship;
TRANSIT SHALL ONLY BE ALLOWED WHERE IMMEDIATE DEPARTURE FROM THE TERRITORY OF THE REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA IS GUARANTEED.
Upon arrival from the UK in the Republic of Bulgaria all persons are subject to 14-day quarantine.
The quarantine shall not apply to nationals of Bulgaria, EU Member States, Schengen countries, the UK, San Marino, Andorra, Monaco, the Vatican, who are travelling on humanitarian grounds, investors, businessmen, bus and lorry drivers, Bulgarian nationals who are ship crew members as well as all persons irrespective of their nationality and are medical staff, persons engaged in medicines and medical equipment deliveries, border area workers, foreign officials.